Friday, December 9, 2011

Bumblebee (Alternative designs?)



    I've got a bee in my bonnet recently. A bumblebee. Hurhur. Y'all know that lovable Autobot scout from Transformers. Well I'm thinking that I might wanna convert this little yellow fellow into something cooler than the movie version.
 
    See, I don't really like the movie Bee cos he comes off too robotic and kinda insectoid. I actually prefer the cartoon G1 version above. But of course, that's far from a fierce design. He just looks like a baby Transformer. LOL. And recently a spate of alternative designs for Bumblebee have surfaced:

The Animated version: 


The Transformers Prime (a CG animated series that's a cross btw movie and animation designs) version:



    So I thought perhaps I should do my own rendition splicing the movie and G1 design. Make Bee sleek and fierce, a compact dynamo of power. The closest to my heart is the video game design in War for Cybertron:


    Good stuff eh? But still, a little too boxy and barrel-like. So.....watch this space, folks! I'll decide on a design soon and start working on it. I've decided that this will be my next project. What's the base frame, you Gundam people are all probably asking. It's gonna be the only model kit version of Transformers available of course - the Dual Model Kit series by Takara Tomy, based on the movie design. Hopefully I can give it an overhaul. To be continued...!!

    Oh yeah, and also, if any of you guys have come across alternative designs for Bee, please feel free to point out to me. So far these are all that's out there on the Net. Anybody seen anything else?

2 comments:

tulispendekpendek said...

Will it be something cool, bulky yet sleek and stylish like your Hyaku Shiki Revised? Can't wait to see it!

Waylander said...

I certainly hope so! lol. Will keep you updated. Stay tuned. ;)

FIND IT!

COOL FOLKS